This vegan aloha carrot cake loaf is filled with pineapple and coconut for a tropical twist on a classic carrot cake. This loaf is perfect to enjoy for breakfast, snack or a healthy dessert.
With spring weather FINALLY making an appearance I’m feeling excited to share some more spring-inspired recipes.
I wanted to share a carrot cake recipe that has a little more a tropical twist. Though it’s barely tropical weather here in Montreal, (I wish) tropical flavours seem to feel more welcomed as soon as the weather warms up, regardless where you live.
I love a good carrot cake recipe. So I’m excited to share this vegan aloha carrot cake loaf recipe today! The “Aloha” in this recipe represents the coconut and pineapple flavour combination added to the loaf, which gives it a little bit of a tropical feel.
This loaf is completely vegan and requires no eggs (and no flax eggs either) to make. While I often do use eggs in my baking, it’s nice to create some recipes that are 100% naturally vegan to share. I know I get requests sometimes asking about egg substitutes in some of my recipes, so for this one, there are no substitutions needed!
One thing to note about this recipe is to make sure to bake the loaf for long enough. I find sometimes egg-less baking recipes can be a little softer and wet in the middle, so it’s important to give the loaf enough time to really cook all the way through. For my oven, this was about 50 minutes, but it can vary from oven to oven. The crust should be well browned and crispy on the outside when it’s done.
This vegan aloha carrot cake loaf is great enjoyed on its own or with a drizzle of maple syrup. You can also mix in some of your favourite nuts (I recommend walnuts) or raisins into this loaf.
Some other great vegan treats on the blog:
- Chocolate chunk tahini oatmeal cookies
- Raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes
- Vegan carrot cake cupcakes with coconut whipped cream
A healthy vegan carrot cake loaf loaded with pineapple and coconut flavour
- 2 cups white Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed oil (coconut oil or vegetable oil work too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can of crushed pineapple)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the spelt flour, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Next, add the shredded carrots, crushed pineapple sunflower seed oil, and applesauce and pineapple juice and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle with some shredded coconut
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the loaf is nice and brown on top.
- Remove and let cool before slicing.
Add in nuts and raisins to this loaf if you like!
Keywords: Vegan bread recipe, healthy vegan dessert
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!