These Chocolate Chunk Tahini Oatmeal Cookies are made with only a handful of ingredients and are naturally vegan, and refined sugar-free. They’re finished off with some 70% dark chocolate chunks and sprinkled with sea salt!
The ultimate hybrid cookie
Inspired by all of my favourite cookies, these Chocolate Chunk Tahini Oatmeal Cookies are a mix of everything I love in a cookie.
The sweet chocolate chunks, the salty tahini and sea salt, and the earthy texture of oats, just combine to make the perfect treat!
Ingredients in these chocolate chunk tahini oatmeal cookies
- Almond flour: To add some volume, natural sweetness, and softness to this recipe.
- Large flake oats: The bulk of these cookies. They can be gluten-free or not, depending on your preference!
- Dark chocolate chunks: 70% dark chocolate is sweet and a little bitter, creating a great flavour balance.
- Sea salt: To sprinkle on top of the cookies after they’re baked.
- Tahini: Like an earthy nut butter, but can be substituted with any other runny nut butter!
- Cinnamon: To compliment the oatmeal cookie component of the recipe.
- Maple syrup: As our natural sweetener. You could also use agave nectar, or any other sticky sweetener!
These cookies can be easily made in just one bowl, and require minimal ingredients and clean up.
Oh, and did I mention these are pretty much as healthy as a cookie can get? Minimal added sugar, no refined sugar, gluten-free, vegan, and whole-grain. They’re also high in protein and fibre thanks to the oats and tahini. They might even be healthy enough to eat for breakfast. I won’t tell.
Make a batch of these chocolate chunk tahini oatmeal cookies, and store them in an air-tight container to enjoy for dessert or with a cup of tea!
More cookie recipes to try
If you tried this Chocolate Chunk Tahini Oatmeal Cookies or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A healthy cookie recipe made with only a handful of ingredients that are naturally vegan and refined-sugar free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the tahini, maple syrup and cinnamon until combined.
- Next, add the almond flour and oats and mix well until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, spoon out the cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
You can substitute tahini for any nut butter of your choice, just make sure it is liquidy enough.
If your cookie dough seems a little dry, add an extra spoon of tahini or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: healthy cookies, vegan cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, tahini chocolate chookie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!