Grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies
These grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies are made with all natural ingredients and feature a homemade nutella filling! They’re also gluten-free, refined-sugar free, and have a vegan option!
Happy Valentine’s day!
I’ve got one last Valentine’s inspired recipe to share before this chocolately filled holiday is over.
That’s what Valentine’s day is really about after all, right? Chocolate!
I’ve already shared a couple festive recipes feature pinks and reds, (these raspberry pomegranate chia puddings, and these raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes) so I of course needed to squeeze in a recipe feature some chocolate in it.
Cue these grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies! That’s a mouth full, isn’t it? (Yup…pun totally intended there.)
The chocolate hazelnut spread and peanut butter are really just a match made in heaven.
Not to mention these cookies are pretty much as healthy as you can get for a dessert.
These grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies are
high in protein and fiber
vegan option with flax-egg
Can it get it any better? No, no it cannot.
My batch of these cookies lastest about a day in my home, so I’d even recommend making a double batch of these cookies so you have enough for yourself and to share!
You can also make just the peanut butter cookies for this recipe without the nutella stuffing. The cookies on their own are just as delicious! You can even drizzle or dip the cookies in melted chocolate if you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter together.Print
Peanut butter cookie stuffed with homemade vegan nutella. Grain-free, healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg or vegan egg substitute/flax egg for vegan *see note below
- 1 batch of homemade vegan nutella
- Mix together the peanut butter, almond flour, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and egg together in a bowl until well combined.
- Using your hands, form a ball with the dough and place in the fridge on a piece of parchment paper for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove though dough from the fridge, cover with a second sheet of parchment paper, and roll out the dough using a rolling pin. (about 2cm thick)
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into circles placing each one on the baking pan. Reshape the scraps into a ball, roll out again, and repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- To assemble the sandwiches, use a piping bag to pipe the nutella onto the bottom side of one cookie, taking a second cookie to sandwich together.
For flax egg combine 1 tbsp flax seeds with 3 tbsp water. Sit and let gel for 5 minutes. I haven’t tested out this recipe with a flax egg yet but if you do let me know how it turns out! No cookie cutters? Skip the rolling pin and cutters and simply use your hands to roll out the cookies into small patties and place on your baking pan.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies, nutella dessert
If you love this recipe you’ll also love these grain-free orange cardamom cookies!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!