Peanut butter cookie stuffed with homemade vegan nutella. Grain-free, healthy and delicious!
- Mix together the peanut butter, almond flour, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and egg together in a bowl until well combined.
- Using your hands, form a ball with the dough and place in the fridge on a piece of parchment paper for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove though dough from the fridge, cover with a second sheet of parchment paper, and roll out the dough using a rolling pin. (about 2cm thick)
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into circles placing each one on the baking pan. Reshape the scraps into a ball, roll out again, and repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- To assemble the sandwiches, use a piping bag to pipe the nutella onto the bottom side of one cookie, taking a second cookie to sandwich together.
For flax egg combine 1 tbsp flax seeds with 3 tbsp water. Sit and let gel for 5 minutes. I haven’t tested out this recipe with a flax egg yet but if you do let me know how it turns out! No cookie cutters? Skip the rolling pin and cutters and simply use your hands to roll out the cookies into small patties and place on your baking pan.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Grain-free nutella stuffed peanut butter cookies, nutella dessert