If you’re looking for an easy, rich and dreamy dinner to make tonight look no further! This vegan truffle alfredo is creamy, delicious, and vegan!
We’re getting to that point in the year where winter seems like it’s dragging on. At least where I live, it feels like winter lasts until April. Well, ok it starts to warm up a bit in March.
February is what I like to think of as that “final stretch.” You can see the light (or in this case the sun) at the end of the tunnel, but we’re not quite there yet!
It’s during these “final stretch” days that I like to indulge in some more carb-loaded cozy warming foods…like this vegan truffle alfredo.
One thing I love about this dish is it’s so simple to make.
I’m serious you guys…
The sauce is easier to make than a traditional alfredo sauce and is all done in the blender.
I’ve been a sucker for blender recipes lately. (like this blender chocolate quinoa cake) Using a high-speed blender (like this one)to make recipes is like the ultimate cooking hack! Not to mention there’s way less clean up involved.
This vegan truffle alfredo uses cashews for the base of the sauce, so it still has that really rich creamy texture that we all want from an alfredo. I also added some truffle oil to the sauce just to make it something a little extra special. (oh, and also because it tastes ah-mazing)
This vegan truffle alfredo is:
- High in healthy fats
- Loaded with fiber
- High in protein
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, whole30 approved (pretty much suited for most diets)
I’ve served this with gluten-free fettuccini pasta, but feel free to use any type of pasta you love! You can even get a little crazy and add some peas or asparagus to your pasta dish!Print
A healthy and vegan alfredo pasta with truffle oil for a delicious dinner!
Truffle Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water then drained
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6oz fettuccini (or 2-3 servings of pasta of choice)
- 1truffle oil for drizzling on top
- handful fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Add the soaked cashews, vegetable broth, garlic, nutritional yeast, truffle oil, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
- Bring a pot of a water to a boil and cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3 tbsp of the pasta water.
- Pour the pasta, 3 tbsp pasta water, and alfredo sauce into a pan on medium heat and mix until well combined, and warmed through.
- Garnish with a drizzle truffle oil, chopped parsley, and ground black pepper.
If you love this recipe you’ll also love this comforting lentil bolognese!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!