Delicious Vegan Banana Bread Donuts topped with a chocolate ganache glaze and chopped walnuts!
- 2 cups flour (sub a 1–1 gluten-free flour if needed)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup overripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup almond milk+2 tsp apple cider vinegar (mix and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chooclate chips
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- crushed walnuts to top (optinal)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together just until combined. Don’t overmix the batter
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray then use a piping bag (or a large ziplock bag with the corner cut out) to pipe the batter into the donut moulds, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- To make the glaze melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a double broiler, or in the microwave on intervals, mixing it constantly so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Let the glaze cool slightly then dunk each donut into the glaze and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top.
Use overly ripe bananas in this recipe for best results and flavour.
We add some apple cider vinergar to the almond milk to turn it into a “buttermilk” which reacts with the baking soda and creates really light and fluffy donuts. You can leave the vinegar out if needed, but the donuts will be slightly denser.
Keep an eye on the donuts in the oven, they cook rather quickly!
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan banana bread dessert, vegan donut recipe, banana donuts