These Vegan Beet Burgers are packed with 20 grams of protein per serving and can be made in the oven, on the grill or pan-fried!
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans or white navy beans (I use canned)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grated beets
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (can sub oat flour)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Add the cannellini beans, quinoa and beets to a food processor and pulse until combined. It’s okay if there are still a few pieces of beets and beans.
- Add the tahini, breadcrumbs and seasoning and pulse again to mix everything together.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 4-6 patties.
- Place them on the baking pan and brush or spray each patty with olive oil
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings and condiments
These burgers are grillable! Cook them on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Use fresh beets for this recipe, not canned or pre-packaged beets. Fresh beets will give the burgers that vibrant pink colour.
Don’t over-process the mixture. It’s okay if there are a few little pieces of beets or beans. This will add some more texture to the burger.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 4.4
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 18.2g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: beet burgers, beetroot burgers, vegan burgers