This colorful vegan beet, potato, and leek soup is not only a creamy delicious soup, but also just at beautiful as tasty!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 small beets (or 2 larger), peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- dd the leeks and onion and let cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat
- Next, add the garlic and let cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, beets, vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes and beets are tender.
- Using a blender, or hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: vegan beet, potato and leek soup, vegan soup, healthy soup recipe