These Vegan Blueberry Donuts are easy to make and bursting with blueberry flavour!
- 2 cups white spelt flour (can sub 1–1 gluten-free flour or white flour)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cups of light coconut milk (can sub almond milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries (or regular)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner and pipe the batter into the pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, cook the blueberries in a small pot on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture to a bowl of icing sugar along with 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk.
- Mix together until smooth. If your mixture is too thick, add a bit more almond milk.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into the glaze. Let sit for 30 minutes until the icing is set.
I use this donut pan for this recipe These donuts are best enjoyed the same day you make them
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: baked donuts, vegan donuts, blueberry donuts, how to make donuts