These Vegan Blueberry Donuts are loaded with tangy dried blueberries, and topped with a vibrant blueberry glaze! They’re baked instead than fried, to make a fluffy donut loaded with sweet flavour!
Spring is officially here, so you know what that means… BERRY RECIPES! So, I officially declare we are jumping into blueberry season. Right. Now. We’re celebrating with donuts, Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Jars, and Blueberry Avocado Smoothies!
Ok, I know we’re not quite in peak blueberry season yet, but I just couldn’t help myself. I’m just too excited about these vegan blueberry donuts.
These babies are light, fluffy, loaded with wild blueberries, and topped off with the most beautiful blueberry glaze!
The perfect vegan donut recipe
Ok, so let me start off by saying how easy it is to make baked donuts at home. If you’ve been at all intimidated by making donuts, don’t worry! You don’t need a deep fryer, yeast or any other fancy ingredients to make these vegan blueberry donuts.
How to make these easy baked donuts
Let’s quickly walk through the steps on how to easily make these donuts shall we?
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix wet and dry ingredients
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Top with glaze
The trick to making perfect vegan donuts is using the right ratio of dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mixing the batter just the right amount.
Mix everything together until it’s well incorporated and there aren’t any large chunks left, but be careful not to overmix the batter! This will lead to dry and tough donuts. (And we don’t want that!)
Pretty simple, right? And the best part (in my opinion) is that you don’t need to use any mixers for this recipe. All you need is one bowl!
More donut recipes to try
If you tried these Vegan Blueberry Donuts or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These Vegan Blueberry Donuts are easy to make and bursting with blueberry flavour!
- 2 cups white spelt flour (can sub 1–1 gluten-free flour or white flour)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cups of light coconut milk (can sub almond milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries (or regular)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner and pipe the batter into the pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, cook the blueberries in a small pot on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture to a bowl of icing sugar along with 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk.
- Mix together until smooth. If your mixture is too thick, add a bit more almond milk.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into the glaze. Let sit for 30 minutes until the icing is set.
I use this donut pan for this recipe These donuts are best enjoyed the same day you make them
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: baked donuts, vegan donuts, blueberry donuts, how to make donuts
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!