These Vegan Cake Batter Donuts are loaded with sprinkles and topped off with vanilla icing for a delicious vegan dessert! They’re also baked, easy to make, and taste like a classic funfetti dessert!
The best vegan cake batter donuts
Today is my birthday! WOOP! So I say, we celebrate with some vegan cake batter donuts, sound good?
My usual idea of a sweet treat is something involving chocolate, or fruit. Like these Vegan Spiced Chocolate Chunk Cookies, or these Raspberry Crumble Bars! But for birthday season, cake batter is calling my name!
These Vegan Cake Batter Donuts make the perfect dessert to serve up at a party, or to make at home with your friends or family to celebrate! They’re essentially like mini cakes made into a donut. Because let’s get real, it’s just more fun to eat that way.
How to make vegan donuts
So, the batter for these donuts couldn’t be more simple. And whether or not you’re vegan, this recipe doesn’t need any eggs or dairy, so the batter comes out to be light and fluffy.
These vegan cake batter donuts are also baked rather than fried, which keeps them a bit healthier and makes for an easier clean up!
You can make these vegan donuts in just one bowl. Just mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, and then pour the wet ingredients in. Mix them together just until incorporated and your batter is ready to go! Don’t overmix your batter, or your donuts won’t come out as fluffy!
To pour the batter into the donut pan, use a large ziplock bag and just cut a hole in the corner. Then pipe the mixture into your pan to fill it up.
Bake the donuts at 400 degrees F for 10-11 minutes, and prep your frosting in a separate bowl.
A few notes on the recipe:
- As far as flour goes, you have options: you can use regular flour, a 1-1 gluten-free flour blend, spelt flour, or whole whole flour. It may change the flavour a bit, but it shouldn’t affect the texture of the donuts!
- Icing is optional on these donuts, though highly recommended! It adds an extra sweetness, and gives you the chance to add even more sprinkles.
- When you make the icing, it should be relatively thick, so it sticks to the donuts and doesn’t drip right off. If your icing is too thin, simply add more icing sugar to mix in until you have the right consistency.
- I use a donut pan for this recipe. It makes cleanup easy, and allows these donuts to be baked rather than fried!
More donut recipes to try
If you tried these Vegan Cake Batter Donuts or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These cake batter donuts are easy to make and loaded with sprinkles, YUM!
- 2 cups organic flour (can sub spelt or gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare the donuts, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined, then add the sprinkles and fold in.
- Use a piping bag or ziplock bag with the corner cut to pipe the donut batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients (except the sprinkles) together in a bowl. The glaze should be thin enough to dip the donuts, but thick enough that the glaze sticks. If your glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. if it is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Dip the donuts in the icing and then top with the sprinkles.
- Let sit to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: how to make vegan donuts, baked donuts recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!