These vegan cake batter donuts are loaded with sprinkles and topped off with vanilla icing for a delicious vegan dessert!
Today is my birthday! WOOP!
So I say, we celebrate with some vegan cake batter donuts, sound good?
If I’m being totally honest with you, I’m probably also having some chocolate birthday cake tonight. Because when it’s ma birthday, I go all out with the desserts!
These vegan cake batter donuts make the perfect dessert to serve up at a party or to make at home with your friends or family. They’re essentially like mini cakes made into a donut. Because let’s get real, it’s just more fun to eat that way.
How to make vegan donuts
So the batter for these donuts couldn’t be more simple. And whether or not your vegan, this recipe doesn’t need any eggs or dairy, and the batter comes out to be light and fluffy.
You can make these vegan donuts in just one bowl. Just mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, and then pour the wet ingredients in. Mix em together just until incorporated and your batter is ready to go!
These vegan cake batter donuts are baked rather than fried, which keeps them a bit healthier and makes for an easier clean up!
A few notes on the recipe:
These vegan cake batter donuts couldn’t be easier to make! You can have some options as far as the flour goes, and can uses regular flour, a 1-1 gluten-free flour blend, spelt flour, or whole whole flour.
You’ll want to mix the wet ingredients into the dry just until incorporated. Don’t over-mix your batter or you’re donuts won’t come out as fluffy!
To pour the batter into the donut pan, use a large ziplock bag and just cut a hole in the corner. Then pipe the mixture into your pan to fill it up.
Icing is optional on these donuts, (though highly recommended!) the icing should be relatively thick when you mix it so it sticks to the donuts and doesn’t drip right off. If your icing texture is to thin simply add some more icing sugar to mix in until you have the right consistency.
Let’s get baking!Print
These cake batter donuts are easy to make and loaded with sprinkles, YUM!
- 2 cups organic flour (can sub spelt or gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare the donuts, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined, then add the sprinkles and fold in.
- Use a piping bag or ziplock bag with the corner cut to pipe the donut batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients (except the sprinkles) together in a bowl. The glaze should be thin enough to dip the donuts, but thick enough that the glaze sticks. If your glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. if it is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Dip the donuts in the icing and then top with the sprinkles.
- Let sit to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: how to make vegan donuts, baked donuts recipe