These vegan spiced chocolate chunk cookies are loaded with big chunks of chocolate and warming spices like cinnamon and ginger. They’re chewy to perfection and make the perfectly healthy(ish) treat!
There are two types of people in this world. People who love chewy chocolate chip cookies, and people who *think* crispy chocolate chip cookies are the way to go…
Don’t get me wrong, there are some cookies like these orange cardamom cookies and these “Nutella” stuffed peanut butter cookies that I love that crispy bite. But when it comes to chocolate chip…I’m ALLL about the chewy!
These vegan spiced chocolate chunk cookies are soft and chewy to perfection. They still have that fresh-baked
I wanted to make a batch of cookies that had a little extra something to make them that perfect fall treat. So these cookies are made with warming spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to make them extra special and have that perfect fall-eque quality to them.
In fact, you should probably eat these cookies while being bundled up with a big blanket and a cup of tea while
A few notes on this recipe:
I make these vegan spiced chocolate chunk cookies in an electric mixer and I haven’t tried making them in a bowl. If you are making these in a bowl just mix our wet ingredients together, and your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl then mix together until well combined.
Mix-ins. Obviously these cookies have some delicious chocolate chunks mixed into them, but you can also mix in any nuts or dried fruits you like in addition to the chocolate!
These cookies will spread a bit on a baking sheet, but won’t spread out completely flat, so if you want a flatter cookie make sure to press them down a bit before you bake them.
These vegan spiced chocolate chunk cookies are:
- Made with healthy (ish) ingredients
- loaded with warming Fall spices
- Soft & chewy to perfection
Onto the chewy goodness!Print
These cookies are chewy to perfection and filled with big chunks of chocolate, YUM!
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or solid coconut oil (not melted!)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white spelt flour (can sub regular flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flax seeds in the water and let sit for 5 minutes until it turns into a gel-like texture.
- Mix the sugars and vegan butter (or coconut oil) together in an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the flax eggs, and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until combined.
- Chop up the chocolate bar and add to the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets. Leave 1-2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet before devouring them!
Make sure to measure your flour correctly to make sure these cookies come out perfect every time!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 0.7g
Keywords: Vegan chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!