These cookies are chewy to perfection and filled with big chunks of chocolate, YUM!
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or solid coconut oil (not melted!)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white spelt flour (can sub regular flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flax seeds in the water and let sit for 5 minutes until it turns into a gel-like texture.
- Mix the sugars and vegan butter (or coconut oil) together in an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the flax eggs, and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until combined.
- Chop up the chocolate bar and add to the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets. Leave 1-2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet before devouring them!
Make sure to measure your flour correctly to make sure these cookies come out perfect every time!
If using coconut oil, make sure it is solid! If your coconut oil is very soft, place it in the fridge for an hour before preparing the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 0.7g
Keywords: Vegan chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies