This Blueberry Avocado Smoothie is bursting with bold blueberry flavour and nourishing ingredients for a delicious breakfast. The healthy fats from avocado support brain health, and nourish your body to keep you feeling full!
Bold and healthy breakfast smoothie
While I often opt for a green smoothie, lately I’ve been drinking this blueberry avocado smoothie on REPEAT.
It’s bursting with blueberry flavour, has “hidden” veggies in it, and features avocado as the star ingredient for a smoothie that is loaded with healthy fats and omega-3s to keep you feeling full!
How to make an avocado smoothie
To make this blueberry avocado smoothie, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Banana (I recommend frozen)
- Plant-based milk
- Hemp seeds
Then, add everything to your blender. Blend it up, and enjoy!
I recommend using at least one frozen fruit in this smoothie (either a frozen banana, or frozen blueberries, or frozen avocado) to help give some thickness and texture to the smoothie.
If you’re using all fresh ingredients, then you can add in an extra handful of ice to the smoothie to help make it cold and thick.
Can you freeze avocado for smoothies?
Yes! yes! yes!
Avocado freezes really well for smoothies! To freeze your avocados, wait until they are the perfect ripeness. (Soft, but not too squishy) Then peel them and slice the avocado in cubes and store them in a freezer bag.
This is a great option to have a perfectly ripe avocado on hand at all times to make this smoothie. Frozen avocado will also give the smoothie is creamy texture similar to ice cream.
A few notes on this avocado smoothie
- This blueberry avocado smoothie also features banana and spinach to keep the smoothie sweet and nourishing
- This smoothie has a good balance of carbs, healthy fats, and protein (from the hemp seeds) to keep you feeling full and satisfied
- For a more protein-rich smoothie, add a scoop of your favourite protein powder, or 1/2 cup of your favourite plain greek yogurt
- If you want a smoothie lower in sugar, you can leave out the banana, and substitute it with an extra 1/2 cup of blueberries
More smoothie recipes to try
If you tried this Blueberry Avocado Smoothie or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A simple super healthy smoothie to fuel your brain and keep you full!
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup of plant-based milk (depending how thick you like it)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
If you’re using all fresh fruit, add a handful of ice to this smoothie! I like to use a frozen banana, frozen blueberries, or a frozen avocado to give thickness and texture to this smoothie
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: avocado smoothie smoothie, vegan smoothie, healthy vegetable smoothie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!