The BEST EVER light & fluffy vegan blueberry pancakes. Seriously.
- 1 cup sprouted Spelt flour (or gluten-free flour blend, regular flour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar or maple syrup work well)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed in 3 tbsp water)
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- extra coconut oil to grease the pan
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the almond milk, coconut oil and flax egg together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Next gently stir in the blueberries.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat some coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Pour a scoop of the batter into the pan letting cook for 2-3 minutes or until little bubbles start to form.
- Flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Repeat until all the pancakes are made
To make a flax egg mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow it to gel.
If you’re using a gluten-free flour blend, check to see if it contains xantham gum. If it doesn’t, you will want to add 1/2 tsp of xantham gum to the mix to help make the pancakes fluffy.
Don’t overmix your batter! It’s ok if there are a few clumps in it. Overmixing will lead to tough dense pancakes.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7.7g
Keywords: vegan pancakes, blueberry pancakes, healthy pancakes