These Vegan Brownies are AMAZING. They’re loaded with chocolate and perfectly fudgy. Everything a brownie should be!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by making the “flax egg.” Mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds in 6 tbsp of water. Set aside and let sit for 10 minutes until it forms a gel.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the vegan butter brewed coffee, flax egg and vanilla extract
- Melt the 6oz of dark chocolate in the microwave on a low setting so it doesn’t burn. Add the melted chocolate to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray and pour the brownie batter into the pan. Use your hands to press the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on the countertop completely before removing the brownies from the pan.
Store in a sealed container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Use high-quality chocolate. the better the chocolate, the better the brownie. Since chocolate is the star ingredient in these brownies it’s important to use good quality chocolate that tastes great. Choose a dark 70% chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate that doesn’t have too much sugar in it for best results.
The batter should be thick. don’t be alarmed if the brownie batter is very thick, it’s supposed to be! The thick brownie batter is what will result in a rich and fudgy vegan brownie.
Let cool completely. I know it’s tempting, but don’t slice into the brownies before they cool. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a mess.
- Serving Size: 1/16th of recipe
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 2.4g
Keywords: vegan brownies, fudgy vegan brownies, brownies no egg, eggless brownies