Light, airy, fluffy and loaded with warming chai flavours! YUM!
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 & 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2–3 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner.
- Pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients together in a shallow bowl until smooth. The mixture should be smooth and silky, but not too thin. (If yours is very thin, simply add a bit more icing sugar)
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them in the glaze and (optionally) sprinkle of crushed pecans on top.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for the glaze to set.
Make sure to spray your donut pan before baking so the donuts don’t stick!
You can skip out of the glaze and enjoy these donuts on their own, still delish!
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 27g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 91g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan donut recipe, how to make baked donuts