Vegan Chai Latte Donuts with Maple Glaze
These Vegan Chai Latte Donuts with Maple Glaze feature all the best Fall spices baked up in a light & fluffy donut. They taste just like a warm chai latte, and are topped with a sweet and sticky maple frosting!
The best chai latte donuts, with the best maple glaze!
Ever since I ordered my first donut pan, I’ve become a die-hard fan of making baked donuts at home. While I of course do still love a good muffin recipe for fall, like these Banana Nut Muffins, donuts are definitely my new jam.
They’re lighter and airier than a muffin, can be topped off with a variety of glazes and toppings, and they’re just SO much more fun to eat. Plus, they feel more like a dessert, you know?
Anyways, I’ve pretty much settled on making more donut recipes this fall. For October, we did Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts, and now we’re doing Vegan Chai Latte Donuts with Maple Glaze.
How to make these chai latte donuts
In one large bowl, add the dry ingredients together and mix. In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix together.
Then, add wet ingredients to the dry bowl and mix until everything is nicely uncorporated – but be careful not to overmix! It’s okay if there are a few clumps. But, some air bubbles in the mixture help keep the donuts light and airy. So, just mix until everything is blended together evenly.
You can either use a piping bag to pipe the mixture into the donut moulds, or you can use a large ziplock bag and just cut a hole in the corner. (yay life hacks!) Both will work well.
Pipe the batter into the donut moulds, about halfway full. Then, bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
A few notes on this recipe:
- For these vegan chai latte donuts with maple
glaze, I use a gluten-free flour blend. However, if you want to sub all-purpose flour, go right ahead!
- If you’re using a gluten-free flour blend, make sure to check if it already has xanthan gum added in. If it doesn’t, make sure to add 1 tsp to the recipe. Xanthan gum helps to replace the elasticity in gluten-free flours so your baked goods come out nice and fluffy.
- I make my own mixture of spices to create that perfect chai flavour. But if you had a pre-mixed “chai spice blend” you can definitely use 1-2 tsp of that in the recipe instead.
More donut recipes to try
If you tried these Vegan Chai Latte Donuts with Maple Glaze or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These vegan chai latte donuts are light, airy, fluffy and loaded with warming chai flavours! YUM!
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 & 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2–3 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner.
- Pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients together in a shallow bowl until smooth. The mixture should be smooth and silky, but not too thin. (If yours is very thin, simply add a bit more icing sugar)
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them in the glaze and (optionally) sprinkle of crushed pecans on top.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for the glaze to set.
Make sure to spray your donut pan before baking so the donuts don’t stick!
You can skip out of the glaze and enjoy these donuts on their own, still delish!
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 27g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 91g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan donut recipe, how to make baked donuts
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!