These vegan chai latte donuts with maple glaze feature all the best Fall spices baked up in a light & fluffy donut. Let your home fill up with
Ok. So I was supposed to share this recipe in November but OMG CHAI LATTE DONUTS TOO EXCITED MUST SHARE NOW. Besides, I didn’t want you to have to wait an entire extra two weeks to be able to make these donuts when you could make em RIGHT NOW.
Ever since I ordered my first donut pan, I’ve become a die-hard fan of making baked donuts at home. While I of course do still love a good muffin recipe for Fall, donuts are definitely my new jam. They’re lighter and airier than a muffin, can be topped off with a variety of glazes and toppings, and they’re just SO much more fun to eat.
So I’ve pretty much settled on making a monthly donut recipe a thing. For October we did vegan pumpkin spice donuts, and now we’re doing vegan chai latte donuts with maple glaze. Which were supposed to be for
Soooo yeah. Doubling up on donuts this month. I have NO
A few notes on this recipe:
So let’s cover some basics for these vegan chai latte donuts with maple
I’ve also tested this recipe using half organic all-purpose flour, and half whole-grain flour, which works really well too!
I make my own mixture of spices to create that perfect chai flavour. But if you had a pre-mixed “chai spice blend” you can definitely use 1-2 tsp of that in the recipe instead.
You want to mix up all the ingredients until everything is nicely incorporated, but be careful not to overmix! It’s okay if there are a few little clumps. We want so keep some of those nice air bubbles in the mixture so when the donuts bake up they become light and airy. So mix just until everything is mixed together.
You can either use a piping bag to pipe the mixture into the donut moulds, or you can use a large ziplock bag and just cut a hole in the corner. (yay life hacks!) Both will work well.
These vegan chai latte donuts with maple glaze are:
- Loaded with warming Fall spices
- Make your home smell like a DREAM (bake these instead of lighting scented candles.)
- Go perfectly with an afternoon cup of tea
Already getting excited for the next donut recipe to come!!Print
Light, airy, fluffy and loaded with warming chai flavours! YUM!
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 & 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner.
- Pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients together in a shallow bowl until smooth. The mixture should be smooth and silky, but not too thin. (If yours is very thin, simply add a bit more icing sugar)
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them in the glaze and (optionally) sprinkle of crushed pecans on top.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for the glaze to set.
Make sure to spray your donut pan before baking so the donuts don’t stick!
You can skip out of the glaze and enjoy these donuts on their own, still delish!
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 27g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 91g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan donut recipe, how to make baked donuts
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!