A rich and luscious chocolate tart that is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free!
- 1 cup hazelnut flour (can sub ground hazelnuts)
- 2 cups One Degree Organics sprouted rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 6 ounces 70% vegan dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Hazelnuts to top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the crust ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. The mixture should be sticky when you press it between your fingers.
- Transfer the dough to a tart pan. Using your fingers, press the dough down evenly to cover the pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown, then remove and let cool completely.
- Add the filling ingredients together in a pot on medium heat and mix until the chocolate begins to melt. (Make sure to mix often so the chocolate doesn’t burn!) Mix until combined, then pour the mixture into the tart pan.
- Place the tart in the fridge for 2-3 hours until the filling is set, then top with chopped hazelnuts and serve.
When pressing the filling into the tart pan, I like to start by pressing the filling around the edges of the pan, and then work my way to the middle of the pan.
I use this tart pan with a removable bottom for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: How to make vegan ganache, healthy vegan desserts