This fried rice recipe is made with scrambled tofu and is a healthy alternative to traditional fried rice!
- 2 tsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 pack of medium-firm tofu (approx 200g)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked according to package directions (can sub any rice)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 celery stalk, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup peas beans (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce (can sub hoisin sauce)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Heat the avocado oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands and add to the pan, letting cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the turmeric and soy sauce and toss together.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp avocado oil in a pan, then add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, carrot and celery and cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat, until the carrots are tender.
- Add the peas, brown rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetarian oyster sauce, sriracha and scrambled tofu and mix until combined.
- Let sit and cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the bottom layer of rice to get a little crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Cook the rice ahead of time to save time prepping this recipe.
Make sure not to overcook the rice before adding it to the pan! The rice will continue to cook up a bit once it’s in the pan with the veggies.
Use a good quality organic firm tofu for this recipe.
Let the rice cook a bit in the pan without mixing it so the bottom can crisp up.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: vegan fried rice, gluten-free fried rice, healthy fried rice