Get your gingerbread fix with these gingerbread donuts baked to perfection!
Gingerbread spice blend
- 2 cups Spelt flour blend, gluten-free flour blend, or regular flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- gingerbread spice blend
- 1 & 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice blend
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a donut pan with cooking spray
- Mix the gingerbread spice blend ingredients together. Set aside 1tsp of the mixture to use in the gingerbread sugar coating.
- To prepare the donuts, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Use a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut to pipe the donuts into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly, then toss in a ziplock bag with the cinnamon sugar. (The coating should stick if the donuts are still warm, alternatively, you can spray the donuts with a bit of cooking spray before tossing in the gingerbread sugar mixture.)
I use this donut pan to make these donuts!
These donuts are best enjoyed within 2 days of making them
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan donut recipe, vegan gingerbread recipe, how to make baked donuts