Say hello to your new favourite treat! These baked donuts are loaded with lemon and poppy seed flavour and baked to perfection!
Recipe adapted from it doesn’t taste like chicken
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond milk, lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner.
- Spray your donut pan with some cooking spray, and then pipe the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest and poppy seeds together until combined.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into the icing. Let sit for 30 minutes for the icing to set.
I use this donut pan to make this recipe
Some gluten-free flours don’t have xantham gum already added to them, which will help the donuts rise. If your blend doesn’t have it, add 1/4 tsp xantham gum to the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.6g
Keywords: baked donuts, vegan donut, Vegan lemon poppy seed donuts