The perfect holiday donuts made with chocolate, coffee and peppermint!
- 2 cups flour (or gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/3 cup high-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare the donuts, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Use a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut to pipe the donuts into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the icing, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or on a double boiler.
- Dip the donuts into the chocolate icing and let sit to harden for 10 minutes before sprinkling with the crushed candy canes.
Make sure to instant coffee in this recipe and not ground coffee beans.
I use this donut pan to make these donuts.
You can use a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with a hole cut out in the end to pipe your donuts into the pan. Don’t fill up the donut molds to full otherwise the donuts will overflow.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: how to make baked donuts, Christmas baking recipes, vegan donut recipe