This is the best ever Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta. Seriously, you won’t be able to get enough!
- Blend the cashews and water in a high-speed blender until smooth & creamy. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat, then add the garlic and sage and let cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the pumpkin puree and cashew cream mixing until incorporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg and let the sauce cook down for 2 minutes. Remove the sage from the pan.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan and toss together.
I use this blender to make the cashew cream. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning as needed. You can substitute fresh sage for dried sage if needed.
Make sure you’re using raw unsalted cashews for this recipe, and soak them in a bowl of water overnight, or in hot water for 2 hours. This will help them get nice and soft.
If the sauce looks a bit liquidy in the beginning, don’t panic. As the sauce boils down it thickens. Give it a couple minutes and the sauce will become thick and creamy.
Serve immediately. As the pasta sits for a while it will start to lose its silky creaminess as the pasta and pumpkin Alfredo sauce cool. (as with any creamy pasta.) So it’s best to enjoy this dish right away.
If you want to prep this dish ahead of time, it’s best to store the vegan pumpkin Alfredo sauce and the pasta sepeartely. This will keep everhthing more fresh. When you’re ready to serve, simply add the sauce and the pasta to a large pan and toss together until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pasta, vegan pumpkin Alfredo, creamy vegan pumpkin pasta, pasta with vegan pumpkin sauce