All the flavour you love of stuffed peppers in a SOUP!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped (with seeds & stems removed)
- 3/4 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 can lentils
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 L vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley to top
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat
- Add the onion and let cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender and cooked.
- Serve with parsley
If you store the soup in the fridge overnight, the rice will continue to absorb liquid and the soup will thicken slightly. Add a bit more broth if you prefer the soup thinner.
You can freeze any leftovers of this soup in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: vegan stuffed peppers, healthy vegan soup recipes