This Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole is healthy and topped off with a delicious pecan crumble!
- Bake the sweet potaotes in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes until tender, or by microwaving them.
- Add the potatoes to a food processor with the vegan butter, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse until smooth. (You can alterntively use a bowl and potato masher for this.) Spread the potaoto mixture into a small baking dish, about 8×8 inches.
- To make the pecan topping, mix the almond flour, oats, pecans, maple syrup and vegan butter together in a bowl with your hands or a fork until well combined.
- Crumble ontop of the potatoes, then bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
If you’re poatoes seem a bit small, use 6-7 sweet potatoes.
Some sweet potatoes are sweeter than others, so taste the potato mixture and adjust accordingly before spreading it in the baking dish.
Don’t use a baking dish that is too big, otherwise you’ll end up with a very thin layer of sweet potato.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy sweet potato casserole, vegan sweet potato recipe, vegan thanksgiving side dish