This Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole is healthy and topped off with a delicious pecan crumble!
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes until tender. You can also microwave the sweet potatoes if you prefer to save time.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl with the vegan butter, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Spread the mashed potatoes into an 8×8 inch baking dish or a similar size.
- To make the pecan topping, mix the pecans, almond flour, coconut sugar and vegan butter together in a bowl, then sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
You can prepare this dish ahead of time and bake it right before serving.
If your sweet potatoes seem a bit small, use 5-6 sweet potatoes.
Don’t use a baking dish that is too big, otherwise, you’ll end up with a very thin layer of sweet potato.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy sweet potato casserole, vegan sweet potato recipe, paleo sweet potato casserole