This Vegan Taco Pasta is easy to make and perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
- 8oz shell pasta (gluten-free pasta, chickpea pasta, or any type of pasta you like!)
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 grams of vegan ground meat (I use Yves Veggi Grounds)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup salsa
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro to top
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan then add the onion and garlic, cooking on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until the onions are soft and start to brown.
- Next add in the vegan ground meat and let brown on each side for 2 minutes, (If needed, add in another splash of olive oil if your pan is dry ) then season with chili powder, cumin and chili flakes and salsa. Mix everything together.
- Reduce the heat to medium then add in the psata and pasta mixing eveything together until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with freshly chopped cilantro.
Salt the pasta water so it’s salty like the ocean. This will infuse the pasta with flavour and make a much more flavourful final dish. Only cook the pasta to al dente. The pasta will continue to cook slightly in the pan when you mix it with the rest of the ingredients. If you’d like to add in any mix-ins like corn, beans or tomatoes add them in after browning the meat and let them cook for a couple of minutes before adding the salsa.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: Mexican pasta, Vegan pasta