These Veggie Enchiladas are stuffed with roasted sweet potatoes and black beans and are perfect for a healthy dinner!
Sweet potato & black bean filling
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6–8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup your favourite enchilada sauce (can sub taco sauce)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Roast the sweet potatoes: Poke a few holes in the sweet potato with a knife, then place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Make the filling: Add the olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add the black beans and sweet potato and mix together, then add the spices and enchilada sauce.
- Stuff the enchiladas: Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave or oven until they are malleable, then spoon some of the filling into each tortilla and roll-up. Place face down on a baking dish. Repeat until your dish is full.
- Dress the enchiladas: Spray the enchiladas with olive oil cooking spray (or alternatively brush them with olive oil) then pour the sauce onto the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake: in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until warmed through.
- Serving: serve immediately. You can optionally top the enchiladas with cilantro, jalapeno and avocado
If you want to prep these ahead of time prep them up until step 3. When you’re ready to bake continue with step 4 (dressing the enchiladas) and baking.
Make sure the tortillas are slightly warmed (in the microwave or oven) before stuffing them. Corn tortillas have a tendency to crack easily if they are cold.
Want tortillas with crispy edges? Don’t skip out on spraying or brushing the tortillas with olive oil. This helps them get a bit of crisp!
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: black bean enchiladas, healthy enchilada recipe, vegetarian enchiladas