After making this recipe you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making fresh spring rolls at home all the time!
Quick pickled carrots
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
Fresh spring rolls
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 100g vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 8–16 pieces of pickled carrot sticks
- a handful of mint leaves
- a handful of cilantro leaves
Peanut dipping sauce
- Mix the vinegar, water, sugar and salt together in a bowl then place the carrots sticks in the bowl. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if preparing in advance.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in warm water until pliable, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Using your hands, press the wrapper onto a large plate until it’s flat on the plate.
- Arrange a small mound of your filling ingredients in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the left side and right side of the wrapper and press down.
- Flip the plate 90 degrees and fold the edge of wrapper you over filling, tucking in filling as tightly as possible, then fold in sides and continue to tightly roll until sealed.
- Repeat for all your rolls
- To prepare the peanut sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a small pot or microwave until combined, then serve with the spring rolls.
This video tutorial should help you with the rolling process if you are more visual.
Using vermicelli noodles in these spring rolls will help give them some bulk and make them easier to roll up.
If preparing these spring rolls in advance, store them in an airtight container in the fridge between two damp paper towels.
Add or swap out any veggies you like, or try adding some tofu or tempeh if you want more protein in these rolls.
- Serving Size: 1 roll with sauce
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 257g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vietnamese fresh spring rolls, Vietnamese summer rolls