These Vietnamese noodle bowls are loaded with rice noodles, lemongrass tofu, and salad for a simple healthy and delicious meal!
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced (*remove the tough outer layer and discard.)
- 1 block tofu (extra-firm), cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil for frying
- 1/2 pack rice noodles (approx 6 oz), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Lime, sesame seeds hoisin sauce and sriracha to serve (optional)
- Marinade the tofu: Mix the marinade ingredients together in a shallow dish then add the tofu. Let sit and marinate for at least one hour or overnight
- Cook the tofu: Remove the tofu pieces from the marinade then add to the pan with oil on medium-high heat. Do not discard the marinade sauce. Fry the tofu until golden brown on each side. Once the tofu pieces are browned, discard the lemongrass from the marinate and pour any leftover marinade sauce into the pan with the tofu, and stir to coat. Discard the chunks of lemongrass
- Prep the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients together. Set aside
- Assemble the bowls: Place the noodles at the bottom of the bowl then top with the tofu and salad. Pour the dressing everywhere and garnish with cilantro
The marinated tofu in this recipe should be left to marinate for at least 1 hour, though if you have the time I’d recommend to let the tofu marinade overnight. This will really intensify the flavour!
Use a non-stick pan to cook the tofu and make sure you’re pan is well coated with oil to prevent the tofu from sticking. You can also alternatively bake the tofu if you prefer at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes, flipping it halfway through.
Make sure to remove the stalky outer layers of the lemongrass for this recipe. This part of the lemongrass is very tough and hard.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: how to make noodle bowls, Vietnamese recipe, vegan, vegetarian