A simple tofu stif fry that comes together in less than 30 minutes and is perfect for those busy weeknights!
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil (can sub vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- rice or noodles for serving
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Toss the tofu and the cornstarch together until evenly coated then add to the pan, letting the tofu cubes cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Push the tofu off to the side and add a touch more oil, then add the onion and garlic to the pan letting cook down for 2 minutes.
- Next add the veggies, letting cook for another 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Mix the tofu back in with the veggies and add the sauce to the pan mixing everything together.
- Serve on it’s own or over rice.
For crispy tofu, make sure to use extra-firm tofu. You can also use firm tofu in this recipe if you prefer your tofu slightly softer.
Don’t peek when browing the tofu! Give it time to brown on each side.
You can use any veggies you like in this recipe. If you like your veggies like broccoli more tender, you can steam them for 1-2 minutes before adding them to the stir fry.
If you’re tofu, veggies or sauce start sticking to the pan, add a splash of water to the pan to deglaze.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: easy tofu stir fry, fast stir fried tofu, easy tofu for dinner