A rich a hearty stew loaded with peanut butter, sweet potato and lentils!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch cube of ginger, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 turnip, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander (or coriander seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- crushed peanuts and cilantro to top
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and let cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the sweet potato, turnip, lentils, cumin seeds, ground coriander and cayenne pepper and mix together, letting cook for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and cilantro.
You can add in any veggies you like to this stew! Potatoes, chickpeas and chard would all be great.
I like to serve this stew with a side of rice.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: african soup recipe, peanut stew recipe