Adapted from the healthy chef.
A hearty loaf that is naturally vegan and gluten-free. Perfect to top with avocado, hummus, or nut butters!
- Whisk the chia seeds and water together in a bowl. Set aside and let “gel” for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 320 F and line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the chia seeds, buckwheat groats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder and salt together in a food processor.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the bread is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, before removing the bread from the pan and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
This bread is great when sliced and then toasted until golden brown!
Make sure to use fresh baking powder, otherwise, the bread won’t rise as much.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: buckwheat bread, gluten-free bread, vegan bread, vegan chia bread