This Buckwheat Chia bread is easy to make, no-knead, yeast-free and delicious! Enjoy it toasted with your favourite toppings like almond butter or avocado. Adapted from the healthy chef.
- Whisk the chia seeds and water together in a bowl. Set aside and let “gel” for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the chia seeds, buckwheat groats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder and salt together in a food processor.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the bread is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, before removing the bread from the pan and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
. Soak them for 1-2 hours before baking and give them a rinse after soaking. The groats might be a bit slimy, this is normal.
Whisk the chia seeds and water mixture together well before letting it sit to gel, otherwise, you’ll end up with clumps of chia seeds.
Depending on your oven, you may need to bake the bread slightly longer or shorter. To test the bread, stick a toothpick in it. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
This bread is meant to be denser than a regular wheat loaf of bread.
Store this bread in the fridge. Toast before eating for the best taste.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: buckwheat bread recipe, no-knead bread, gluten-free bread