These banana nut muffins are the BEST! Easy, healthy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain Spelt flour (can sub 1–1 gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the mashed bananas and egg together until well combined,then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract and mix together until well combined.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together just until everything is incorporated, then fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Add any of your favourite add-ins to these muffins like nuts, dried fruits or chocolate chips!
These muffins can be made into a banana loaf, but you will have to alter the cooking time.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: how to make banana muffins, healthy, easy, best