This vegan protein burrito is perfectly balanced and great for on the go!
- 1 block tofu
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp liquid soy seasoning (can sub tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- salsa for serving
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu into small pieces until it resembles scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, salt, cumin, turmeric, paprika and soy seasoning, cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- To prepare the sweet potato, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scatter the sweet potato cubes on the pan and coat with 1/2 tbsp avocado oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the spinach, avocado, scrambled tofu and sweet potato into the tortilla wrap and roll it up.
- (Optionally) grill your burrito in a pan or panini press
- Serve with a side of your favourite salsa
I love grilling my burritos for that toasty crunchy wrap! Just add the burritos in the pan you used for the tofu on medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute on each side.
Add the salsa or any other sauce you love directly into these burritos.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan burrito recipe, healthy break burritos