This Hippie breakfast bowl is a quick and easy nourishing breakfast you can prepare ahead of time. Loaded with good for you ingredients this bowl will keep you feeling great all day long!
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I generally like to get my workout in before breakfast, so it’s always an extra special reward when I finally get to eat. (If there’s any way to motivate me to workout, it’s with food.)
This Hippie breakfast bowl is one of my recent favourite post-workout breakfasts. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free. I know, you’re probably thinking “well then what the heck is in it?”
Seeds. Super seeds in fact. Tiny little seeds bursting with good for you energy topped with some nutritious fresh fruits, nut butter, and other oh so good for you ingredients! Now if you’ve read through my blog I’m sure you’ve come across several other chia pudding recipes. By now you probably also know that I love the stuff. I often like it make in in little cups and jars, but recently I’ve just been enjoying a big round bowl of chia pudding loaded with toppings. (Hence this hippie bowl recipe!)
Feel free to add any fruits you like or play around with making different types of berry compote!
- Prepare your batch of chia pudding the night before.
- Start by making the quick raspberry compote.
- Place your cup of raspberries in a small pot on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir every minute so the berries don't stick to the pot. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice up your banana and strawberries.
- Divide the chia pudding into 2 bowls.
- Top with fresh fruit, hemp hearts, shredded coconut, and almond butter.