Muffins are always one of my favourite go-to snacks. They’re already perfectly sized for an individual portion, easy to transport, and require no cutlery!
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (*can substitute other flour)
- 1/4 cup+2 tbsp coconut sugar (*can substitute brown sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin tin with muffins liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, oat bran, spelt flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your coconut oil, molasses, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Finally, add your blueberries to the bowl and mix again.
- Fill each muffin tin almost to the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
*To make a flax-egg, combine 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds, with 3 tbsp. water. Stir together and set aside in the fridge to “gel” for 10 minutes. (For this recipe I did 2 tbsp flax seeds in 6 tbsp water.)