Coconut Apricot Energy Balls
These Coconut Apricot Energy Balls are made with 6 simple ingredients, and come together in just 15 minutes! These energy balls make the perfect healthy snack or treat and are great for lunches, after the gym or when you need a little something sweet!
A simple healthy snack
One of my favourite snacks to make for meal prep is energy balls. I generally make my energy balls with dates, like these Salted Caramel Coconut Bliss Balls, but today I wanted to feature a different ingredient: Apricots!
Dried apricots are delicious and loaded with nutritional benefits. They’re high in potassium and vitamins and taste light and fresh!
Apricots also make a great binding ingredient in these energy balls, which helps make it easy to roll them up into bite-sized balls to snack on. If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can still enjoy this recipe and simply replace the coconut with some more cashews, or any of your favourite nuts.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe is easy to make. It has just 6 simple ingredients and comes together in just 15 minutes.
- These energy balls make the perfect healthy snack. Just grab a couple on the go and feel totally energized!
- The combination of apricots and coconut is light and fresh. These energy balls are also less sweet than traditional energy balls that are usually made with dates.
How to make Coconut Apricot Energy Balls
Add all the energy ball ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it forms a sticky dough.
Use your hands to roll 1 tbsp sized balls, then roll each ball into some shredded coconut.
Pop the energy balls in the fridge to chill and set for at least 2 hours. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Make sure to use a fresh bag of dried apricots that still have a bit of moisture in them. If you’re apricots feel very dry, soak them in warm water for 2-3 minutes then drain them and proceed with the recipe.
- If you don’t have brown rice syrup, you can substitute it with any sticky sweetener. This ingredient helps bind everything together.
- I like to use raw cashews in this recipe, but you can also use blanched almonds.
More energy ball recipes to tryPrint
These Coconut Apricot Energy Balls are made with 6 simple ingredients and make the perfect healthy snack!
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed together. You should be able to easily press the mixture between your fingers to form a sticky dough.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp at a time of the mixture and use your hands to roll into a ball, then dip each ball into a plate of shredded coconut.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Make sure to use a fresh bag of dried apricots that still have a bit of moisture in them. If you’re apricots feel very dry, soak them in warm water for 2-3 minutes then drain them and proceed with the recipe.
If you don’t have brown rice syrup, you can substitute it with any sticky sweetener. This ingredient helps bind everything together.
I like to use raw cashews in this recipe, but you can also use blanched almonds.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Energy balls with coconut, apricot energy balls
If you tried these Coconut Apricot Energy Balls or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!