This Thai coconut curry tofu is loaded with vibrant Thai flavours! It’s easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free!
If you’ve had a chance to scroll through my recipes, you may notice I’m a pretty big fan of Thai food. Thai is one of my favourite cuisines. It’s filled with bold vibrant flavours that are unlike anything else.
Some notes on substitutions & additions:
You can use any sweetener instead of maple syrup in this recipe. In Thailand, they traditionally use palm sugar. (which is the same as coconut sugar) Some other great options are agave syrup, or even stevia if you want to keep the recipe entirely sugar-free. You can substitute the tofu in this recipe for any protein you like. For plant-based proteins, tempeh or chickpeas would both be great options in this recipe!
If you want to enjoy this dish with more veggies, you can simply add in your favourite vegetables to the pan with some oil before adding the tofu. Some vegetables I’d recommend using in this dish are bok choy, spinach and snow peas.
This Thai coconut curry tofu is:
- Made with whole-grains
- High in protein
I love enjoying this Thai coconut curry with sprouted brown rice to make it extra healthy, but you can use tradition Thai Jasmine rice, or any rice you love on the side instead.Print
A healthy and delicious Thai-inspired tofu in a coconut red curry sauce.
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat your avocado oil on medium high heat.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, chop into cubes, and add tofu to the pan on medium high heat. Cook your tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Make sure your pan is large enough, or cook your tofu in 2 batches.
- In a separate saucepan, on medium heat, and your curry paste and can of coconut milk and stir together until incorporated. Increase heat to medium high and let reduce, for about 5 minutes. (You will see the sauce begin to bubble and thicken.)
- Reduce to low heat, and add your soy sauce, maple syrup, lime, and paprika. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your cooked tofu to the pan with your curry sauce, on medium heat, and stir together until tofu is well coated in your sauce.
- Serve over brown rice with chopped cilantro on top.
You can use any type of rice you like for this recipe
Add any veggies you love to the tofu!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!
Need more tofu inspo? Here are 5 more great tofu recipes!