Warming spices, mango, and turmeric come together to make this refreshing frozen golden milk latte. Enjoy this refreshing drink with your breakfast, or for a snack!
So we’re almost halfway through September. When did that happen? I swear it was still July just the other day. I do love Fall recipes, but I’m still holding onto whats left of the warm(ish) weather and sipping on my daily morning smoothies and shakes.
So I figured why not make the best of both words? A golden milk latte that is filled with warming and healing spices, mixed with refreshing mangos and almond milk for a frosty treat. I know pumpkin spice and chai latte season is coming up quickly, but I refuse to believe it’s time to give up smoothies for the colder months just yet!
Now some of you might be asking what the heck is golden milk?! Well it’s really just a trendy name for a turmeric latte.
Turmeric lattes and drinks have become really popular this year, though turmeric has alway been widely used in South-East Asian and Indian cuisine for centuries. Some of the benefits include:
- anti-inflammatory properties
- Linked to improving brain functioning
- Boosts the immune system
- Lower cholesterols
There are of course many other benefits to taking turmeric, but I’ll leave that up to you to do a Google search if your interested in learning more. For now, we’ll just get to the recipe!
- 1 cups frozen mango cubes
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric root (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cups almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
- Pour into a glass and drink enjoy!
Tips & suggestions:
- Don’t like mango? Try subbing a frozen banana, or pineapple cubes!
- You can likely find fresh turmeric at your local Asian market
- Want to incorporate more turmeric in your diet? Try this forbidden rice salad with turmeric and kale!