These vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake bars are the perfect Fall treat! They’re also gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and made with natural ingredients. Make a batch today and store them in the freezer for when you want a yummy treat!
Well…this officially marks the beginning of my Fall recipes!
I’m so excited to kick off the Fall season with these Vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake bars! If there’s one ingredient that makes me really think of Fall, it’s pumpkin.
I know I probably should be posting apple recipes right now, (don’t worry, that’s coming too!) but I finished making, testing, and (of course) eating this recipe and I couldn’t wait any longer to share it. Besides, October is right around the corner, so why not get a head start with all the pumpkin goodness!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I love making vegan cheesecake bars.
First, there was my vegan raspberry cheesecake bars, then vegan dragon fruit cheesecake bar, and now these. (You can find more of my similar recipes here!) I’m so happy to add a new addition to my bar recipe and this one has got to be one of my favourites!
A few notes this recipe:
These vegan pumpkin cheesecake bars call for raw unsalted cashews. It’s important that you use raw cashews for this recipe and not roasted cashews! The cashews act as the base for the cheesecake and create a nice creamy texture.
You can either soak the cashews in a bowl of room temperature water overnight or if you’d like to speed things up you can soak them in a bowl of hot water for 1-2 hours.
I use a food processor for this recipe, but you can also make the cheesecake layer of these bars in a high-speed blender. Both will work well!
Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe! The jars look similar but they are not the same. Pumpkin puree will have just pumpkin in the ingredients, (no added sugar, spices…etc.) this is what you’re looking for!
Keep these bars stored in the freezer and take them out 5-10 minutes before serving so they can thaw out a bit. If you are transporting these, make sure they go in the freezer as soon as you arrive at your location!
These vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake bars are:
Loaded with warming fall spices!
You can make these into bars, or if you prefer you can use a round springform pan and make this into a whole cheesecake. The choice is up to you!Print
all the delicious flavours of pumpkin pie in a delicious creamy vegan cheesecake. What more could you ask for?
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, (soaked overnight or soaked in boiling water for 1–2 hours)
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2–3 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (full-fat from a can)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, dates, cinnamon, and salt to your food processor and pulse until well combined. The dough should be sticky. (If it’s too crumbly, add more dates)
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Blend the cashews, lemon juice, coconut cream, brown rice syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin puree together in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the pan and spread with a spoon or spatula so it’s even.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with cinnamon, and dollops of vegan whip cream or yogurt.
Can’t find Medjool dates? Simply use regular dates and soak them in hot water for 5 minutes to soften, then strain.
Make your own pumpkin spice by mixing 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp allspice, and 1/8 tsp cloves.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Vegan cheesecake recipe, vegan pumpkin spice recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!