These vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake bars are the perfect Fall treat! They’re also gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and made with natural ingredients. Make a batch today and store them in the freezer for when you want a yummy treat!
Well…this officially marks the beginning of my Fall recipes!
I’m so excited to kick off the Fall season with these Vegan pumpkin spice cheesecake bars! If there’s one ingredient that makes me really think of Fall, it’s pumpkin.
I know I probably should be posting apple recipes right now, (don’t worry, that’s coming too!) but I finished making, testing, and (of course) eating this recipe and I couldn’t wait any longer to share it. Besides, October is right around the corner, so why not get a head start with all the pumpkin goodness!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I love making vegan cheesecake bars.
First there was my vegan raspberry cheesecake bars, then vegan dragon fruit cheesecake bar, and now these. (You can find more of my similar recipes here!) I’m so happy to add a new addition to my bar recipe and this one has got to be one of my favourites!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, (soaked overnight or soaked in boiling water for 1-2 hours)
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (full-fat from a can)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, dates, cinnamon, and salt to your food processor and pulse until well combined. The dough should be sticky. (If it’s too crumbly, add more dates)
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Blend the cashews, lemon juice, coconut cream, brown rice syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin puree together in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the pan and spread with a spoon or spatula so it’s even.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with cinnamon, and dollops of vegan whip cream or yogurt.
Tips & suggestions:
- Can’t find medjool dates? Simply use regular dates and soak them in hot water for 5 minutes to soften, then strain.
- Make your own pumpkin spice by mixing 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp all spice, and 1/8 tsp cloves.