If your looking for a quick and easy holiday dessert look no further!
This pear and cranberry crisp is loaded with juicy pears, fresh cranberries, and topped with a delicious pecan crumble. Can you say yum? The best part is this dessert is so easy to throw together and is a crowd pleaser!I had never baked much with fresh cranberries before but after testing them out in this recipe I just love them! The fresh cranberries give this crisp a nice festive twist, and a little burst of tart flavour that goes great with the sweet pear.
This pear and cranberry crisp is also great to bring along for a holiday potluck. You can bake it right in a glass or metal dish to transport. You can also bake this crisp directly in a cast iron skillet.
- 4 cups pears, chopped (about 4 large pears)
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup large flaked oats
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour (I used spelt flour)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your pears and cranberries in a large mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice and maple syrup. set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and coconut oil with a fork until combined.
- Pour your fruit mixture into a baking pan and top with the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
If you’re looking for more amazing pear recipes I’ve rounded up 4 more great pear recipes to share!