Granola is a staple in my kitchen. Really, I sprinkle it on everything. Yogurt bowls, smoothie bowls, oatmeal bowls, quinoa bowls…okay, maybe not that last one, but you get my point. I’m a huge granola fan. To me it’s like an excuse to eat a delicious crumbled up oatmeal cookie for breakfast!
I love to create different granola flavours to go with the seasons, so naturally fall means pumpkin spice granola!
This recipe is Vegan, gluten-free, and clean-eating. This recipe also uses a home-made pumpkin spice blend, so you don’t have to go out and buy any expensive container of pumpkin spice. We’re gonna make it with ingredients you probably already have in your cabinet!
Here’s one of the ways I like to enjoy this pumpkin spice granola, a little extra crunch on top of a smoothie bowl!
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground or grated nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 2 cups oats (gluten-free, or regular)
- 1 cup rice crisps cereal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lets start by making our pumpkin spice. Mix your cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together is a small jar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix your oats, rice crips, nuts, chia seeds, and salt together.
- Next add in your spices to your large bowl, mixing together.
- Add your coconut oil and maple syrup and stir everything until well combined.
- Spread your granola onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Store in an air-tight container or mason jar