A new breakfast favourite is coming your way!
You may not know this about me, but I’m a huge granola fanatic. I always have a container of homemade granola stored in my cabinet. (often my sweet and salty maple pecan granola) I always sprinkle some on top of my yogurt and fresh fruits for breakfast, or on top of my warm bowl of oatmeal. Sometimes
I’ll also just pour some in in a( little cup and enjoy it as a snack with a coffee or tea. (I highly recommend this rather than reaching for a cookie to eat with your tea.)
This fig and walnut granola is my latest granola obsession for fall. It’s warming spices and toasty walnuts just make it feel extra comforting in the cold weather.
Not to mention the sweet chewy dried figs are just so yummy and provide a great chewy texture to compliment the crunchy walnuts and buckwheat!
A closer look at the fig and walnut granola
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, buckwheat groats, almonds, and walnuts.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and toss all together.
- Next add the olive oil and maple syrup and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread out evenly on your baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool on countertop, then add in the chopped dried figs.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar in your cupboard
*You can easily double this recipe and store it in your cupboard for weeks!