This recipe for Frozen Hot Chocolate is made with healthy ingredients and a boost of protein powder for a filling smoothie that’s great to enjoy for breakfast, after a workout or as a tasty treat!
This recipe is sponsored by Nutritional Brands.
A delicious drink both adults and kids will love!
A Frozen Hot Chocolate is often made by blending up milk, hot cocoa mix and ice cubes to make a tasty drink that is more of a dessert.
This Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe is made to be a healthy protein-packed drink that both kids and adults can enjoy. It’s made with Nutritional Brands Pure Kidz Protein Powder which is great for active kids or anyone who feels they need an extra boost of protein in their diet.
This recipe can be whipped up in just 5 minutes and each serving has over 12 grams of protein!
Ingredients in this drink
- Almond milk ice cubes: These are made by freezing almond milk (or any milk of your choice) in an icecube tray. This helps thicken the smoothie but also keeps it creamy and tasting great!
- Cocoa powder: We’re using real cocoa powder instead of a hot cocoa mix to keep things healthy.
- Frozen banana: This helps make this drink extra creamy and also adds some nutrients to the drink.
- Medjool dates: this is our natural sweetener for this recipe. Medjool dates have a rich caramel-like flavour and are delicious!
- Pure Kidz Protein Powder: This is to give the drink an extra protein boost so it will keep you feeling full.
- Milk of choice: I like almond milk or coconut milk, but use whatever you like to blend everything together.
How to make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Pour almond milk into an icecube tray to fill up 10 ice cubes
- Once frozen, add the almond milk ice cubes to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between two glasses and serve topped with some coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t substitute almond milk ice cubes with regular ice. This will make the Frozen Hot Chocolate taste more bland.
- Add the Almond milk to the blender first, followed by the fruit and ice on top. Adding things in this order to your blender will help things blend up more easily.
- Depending on the size of your banana and ice cubes, you may need a bit more or less liquid to blend things up. Adjust accordingly if needed.
More smoothie recipes to try
If you tried this Frozen Hot Chocolate or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This frozen hot chocolate is healthy and packed with protein!
- 10 almond milk ice cubes (*see note)
- 1 scoop Pure Kidz Protein Powder
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 cups almond milk to blend (may vary, use more or less if needed)
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Optionally serve topped with some coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
To make the almond milk ice cubes, pour almond milk into an ice cube tray and freeze.
This will make the Frozen Hot Chocolate taste more bland.
Add the Almond milk to the blender first, followed by the fruit and ice on top. Adding things in this order to your blender will help things blend up more easily.
Depending on the size of your banana and ice cubes, you may need a bit more or less liquid to blend things up. Adjust accordingly if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: frozen hot chocolate recipe, healthy frozen hot chocolate