Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Enjoy all the flavours you love in a creamsicle in this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie! Made with 5 simple ingredients this smoothie is healthy and packed with 13 grams of protein per serving!
A healthy smoothie with orange and banana
Okay, if you’re a fan of creamsicles this smoothie is about to blow your mind!
Smoothies are one of my favourite breakfasts that I have almost every day. Usually, I’ll have one of my classic veggie smoothies, but sometimes I like to mix things up.
This Orange Creamsicle Smoothie recipe is made with five simple ingredients and uses orange and banana as the base for the smoothie. The added yogurt and vanilla is what gives this smoothie that classic creamsicle taste. (This smoothie also tastes very similar to an orange Julius!
You can enjoy this smoothie for a healthy breakfast, or just as a refreshing drink. The yogurt gives the smoothie some protein, so it will keep you feeling full.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Frozen Banana: I always buy and freeze bananas to have on hand for smoothies. Frozen banana will result in a much creamier smoothie than using fresh banana.
- Navel orange: this is my favourite type of orange to use in this smoothie, but any type of orange will work! You can even use clementines or mandarines.
- Yogurt: you can use any type of yogurt you like. Regular or dairy-free if needed. I personally prefer greek yogurt in this smoothie with gives it that sweet and tart creamy taste!
- Almond milk: or any type of milk you like.
- Vanilla extract: this is the secret ingredient that gives the smoothie that classic creamsicle taste.
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Recipe substitutions & add-ins
Sometimes you want to enjoy a smoothie but there may be an ingredient in there that you don’t like, something you want to substitute or maybe even add-in. Here are some suggestions!
Orange creamsicle smoothie without banana
Not a fan of bananas? No problem! Substitute the banana in this recipe for 1/2 cup cubed frozen mango, 1/2 cup frozen coconut meat, or 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower florets (for a low sugar version.) You can also make with recipe with just oranges (double the amount) and add a big handful of ice to the blender.
Orange creamsicle smoothie without yogurt
Some people don’t like the taste of yogurt in their smoothies, which is A-okay! Instead try substituting the yogurt for full-fat coconut milk. This will give the smoothie that same creaminess
Orange creamsicle smoothie with protein powder
Want even more protein in this smoothie? Add a scoop of your favourite vanilla or unflavoured protein powder!
- Frozen bananas are best for this smoothie recipe. They create a creamier and thicker texture in the smoothie.
- I use one large navel orange for this smoothie. If you use a smaller orange, add two oranges to the smoothie.
- Smoothie too thin? Add a handful of ice and blend. Smoothie too thick? Add some more almond milk
More smoothie recipes to try
If you tried this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Start your morning off right with an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie!
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or dairy-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend together until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
This recipe is for a single serving smoothie. Double or triple the recipe if you’d like to make more!
I recommend using frozen bananas over fresh bananas. Frozen bananas create a creamier texture that is delicious in smoothies. If using fresh bananas for this recipe, you’ll want to add a handful of ice to the smoothie to help thicken it.
You can use orange juice instead of fresh oranges, but fresh oranges will give you the best results.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 32g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: orange smoothie, creamsicle smoothie, orange Julius smoothie