These quick and easy maple baked beans make the perfect comforting breakfast! Enjoy them alone or on toast.
Who’s ready for some fall comfort food? I know I am!
And these quick and easy maple baked beans are my latest comforting go-to breakfast. I tend to have more a sweet tooth for breakfast.
Usually, this means lots of fruits with yogurt and granola, or oatmeal bowls with shredded coconut. There are also the off days where I crave something a bit more savory for breakfast.
But what about those mornings where you can’t decide between the two? Does anyone else have those days? I know I do, especially when I go out for brunch and look at a menu…forget it!
I just get way to stressed out to choose. Luckily at home, I have recipes like these quick and easy maple baked beans to the rescue! They’re the perfect amount of sweet, mixed with just the right amount of savory. Yum!
I especially like to enjoy these baked beans with a good fresh loaf of wholegrain bread. I’d recommend a sourdough or a kamut loaf.
No need to even cut a slice, just rip off a nice chunk to dip into these baked beans and your good to go!Print
- 1 large can cannellini or navy beans (approx 19oz)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown mustard (or dijon or spicy)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. add your chopped onion and allow to cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes, until the onion caramelizes.
- Drain your can of beans, rinse with water, and add to the skillet.
- Next add crushed tomatoes, molasses, maple syrup, brown mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix together on medium heat.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, adding a bit of water to thin out your sauce if it becomes too thick.
- Serve up in a bowl with your favourite crusty bread!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!