This pina colada chia pudding is a healthy treat that is easy to make and refined sugar-free!
This recipe is sponsored by Califia Farms.
An easy chia pudding anyone can make
This chia pudding recipe makes for a light and creamy dessert and is naturally vegan and gluten-free. It’s made with a base layer of creamy coconutty chia pudding and topped off with a fresh pineapple puree for a treat that has all the flavours of a pina colada!
The chia pudding is made with a blend of coconut milk and Califia Farms almond milk, which gives it a smooth and creamy texture. Since coconut milk contains quite a bit of fat, using a mix of a little coconut milk and almond milk is a great option to keep this recipe fresh and light!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a healthy summer dessert option that is filled with fibre, protein and vitamins.
- It features Califia farms almond milk which is completely dairy-free, creamy and delicious.
- The chia pudding can be prepared in advance so you can have this recipe ready to go when you want a treat.
- You’ll feel like you’re on a tropical island with every bite you take.
How to make pina colada chia pudding
- Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, coconut milk, agave syrup, vanilla extract and shredded coconut together in a bowl until well combined.
- Let sit in the fridge for a minimum of one hour, or overnight.
- Once the chia pudding is set, spoon it into small cups or jars.
- Cut up a pineapple and puree it in a blender or food processor.
- Add the pineapple puree on top of the chia pudding and serve.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Make sure to mix the chia pudding well for a couple of minutes before letting it sit to thicken so there are no clumps.
- If you have the time, prepare the chia pudding a night ahead of time so it can sit in the fridge overnight. This will result is the best texture!
- Using high-quality almond milk will give the chia pudding more flavour and a better texture. I use and recommend Califia Farms Almond Milk.
- Use a nice ripe pineapple for this recipe. To choose a good one, pick a pineapple that has a little give when you press it with your fingers, is more yellow in colour, and has a distinct pineapple smell when you smell the bottom of the fruit.
- If preparing this recipe in advance, store the chia pudding and the pineapple puree separate and put them together when you’re ready to serve.
Other chia pudding recipes to try
If you tried this pina colada chia pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This chia pudding will transport you to a tropical Island in every bite. It’s healthy, fresh and tastes just like a delicious pina colada!
- Whisk the chia seeds, almond milk, coconut milk, shredded coconut, agave syrup and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Let sit for 2 minutes then give it another whisk to make sure everything is combined.
- Cover and place the mixture in the fridge to set for at least an hour, or overnight.
- To prepare the pineapple puree, add the pineapple to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the chia pudding into the bottom of a cup or jar and top with the pineapple puree.
If you have time prepare the chia pudding a night ahead of time. Chia pudding comes out best when it can sit in the fridge for several hours. Make sure to use a ripe pineapple for this recipe. Choose one that has a little bit of give when you press it, is more yellow in colour, and has a pineapple aroma when you smell the bottom of the fruit. If preparing this recipe in advance, store the chia pudding and pineapple puree separately in the fridge. (You can store the chia pudding for up to a week.)
- Serving Size: 1/2 the recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 11.4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: pina colada dessert, chia pudding dessert
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!