This watermelon feta salad with mint is made with 5 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to make! It’s a great refreshing salad recipe that is perfect for the summertime!
Watermelon salad that is perfect for a barbecue or summer party
This watermelon feta salad makes a perfect appetizer or side dish for a barbecue or summer party that can be thrown together in minutes!
There is nothing better than having a barbecue and summer parties during the warmer months! This salad is one of my favourite go-to’s when hosting a party, going to a potluck, or even to just enjoy as an appetizer on a hot summer day.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It only uses 5 simple ingredients and can be thrown together in under 15 minutes for a simple quick and easy recipe when you’re pressed for time.
- The combination of sweet juicy watermelon, salty feta and fresh mint is so delicious and refreshing!
- This salad is always a crowd pleaser and is perfect to bring to any summer party you have.
How to choose a perfect watermelon
The key to a great watermelon feta salad is to choose a tasty ripe watermelon.
Here are some tips on picking a perfect watermelon for your salad:
- Pick up the watermelon, it should feel heavy for its size.
- Check its field spot. Every watermelon has a yellowish spot from where they rest on the ground. Choose a watermelon with a yellower spot, this means it will be ripe.
- Tap the watermelon with your knuckles. It should have a hollow sound.
How to make this watermelon feta and mint salad
Watermelon feta salad is a recipe that is super easy to throw together, making it the perfect recipe for when you’re in a rush or need to save a bit of time!
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes
- Chop up the mint
- Add the watermelon and mint to a bowl and toss with some crumbled or cubed feta cheese.
- Add the dressing right before serving.
Recipe tips and variations
- Use a ripe watermelon (see above for notes on selecting a ripe one) and fresh mint.
- Use a good quality feta cheese. This will make a huge difference in the taste of this salad!
- Only dress the salad right before serving. Otherwise, the watermelon can become a bit soggy.
- If you don’t like mint, you can substitute it in this recipe with some fresh basil.
- If you are eating dairy-free, this recipe can be made with some crumbled cashew ricotta, or you can omit the cheese element entirely. It’s still delicious!
Other salad recipes to try
If you tried this Watermelon feta salad with mint or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A deliciously simple recipe that is perfect for a barbecue or summer party!
- 3 pounds of watermelon, cut into cubes (about 5–6 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the watermelon, crumbled feta and mint leaves to a mixing bowl and gently toss together.
- Add to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper together. Drizzle the dressing onto the salad right before serving.
Make sure to use a ripe watermelon to a great tasting salad. Use a high-quality feta cheese, it will make a big difference in the taste! Only dress the salad right before serving to avoid the salad from getting soggy.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, watermelon salad