Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
This Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is made with 5 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to make! It’s a great refreshing and flavourful salad that’s perfect for the summertime.
Watermelon salad that is perfect for a barbecue or summer party
This Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint makes a perfect appetizer or side dish for a barbecue or summer party that can be thrown together in minutes!
There is nothing better than having a barbecue and summer parties during the warmer months! Recipes like this watermelon salad, this Kale Caesar Salad, and this Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa are my favourite go-to’s when hosting a party, going to a potluck, or even to just enjoy as an appetizer on a hot summer day.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It only uses 5 simple ingredients, and can be thrown together in under 15 minutes for a simple quick and easy recipe when you’re pressed for time.
- The combination of sweet juicy watermelon, salty feta and fresh mint is so delicious and refreshing!
- This salad is always a crowd pleaser and is perfect to bring to any summer party you have.
How to choose a perfect watermelon
The key to a great watermelon feta salad is to choose a tasty ripe watermelon. There are a few guides on how to pick a perfect watermelon.
Here are some quick tips on picking a perfect watermelon for your salad:
- Pick up the watermelon, it should feel heavy for its size.
- Check its field spot. Every watermelon has a yellowish spot from where they rest on the ground. Choose a watermelon with a yellower spot, this means it will be ripe.
- Tap the watermelon with your knuckles. It should have a hollow sound.
How to make this Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
Watermelon feta salad is a recipe that is super easy to throw together, making it the perfect recipe for when you’re in a rush or need to save a bit of time!
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes
- Chop up the mint
- Add the watermelon and mint to a bowl and toss with some crumbled or cubed feta cheese.
- Add the dressing right before serving.
Recipe tips and variations
- Use a ripe watermelon (see above for notes on selecting a ripe one) and fresh mint.
- Use a good quality feta cheese. This will make a huge difference in the taste of this salad!
- Only dress the salad right before serving. Otherwise, the watermelon can become a bit soggy.
- If you don’t like mint, you can substitute it in this recipe with some fresh basil.
- If you are eating dairy-free, this recipe can be made with some crumbled cashew ricotta, or you can omit the cheese element entirely. It’s still delicious!
More salad recipes to tryPrint
A deliciously simple recipe that is perfect for a barbecue or summer party!
- 3 pounds of watermelon, cut into cubes (about 5–6 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the watermelon, crumbled feta and mint leaves to a mixing bowl and gently toss together.
- Add to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper together. Drizzle the dressing onto the salad right before serving.
Make sure to use a ripe watermelon to a great tasting salad. Use a high-quality feta cheese, it will make a big difference in the taste! Only dress the salad right before serving to avoid the salad from getting soggy.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, watermelon salad
If you tried this Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!