This recipe for Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa is made with 6 simple ingredients and only takes 15 to make! Enjoy it as a dip, in tacos or as a dressing for your favourite grilled recipes!
Don’t you just love a quick and easy recipe to throw together? I know I do!
This Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa is made with 6 simple ingredients and comes together in under 15 minutes. Along with this Watermelon Feta Salad, this recipe is my go-to for summer BBQs and when I have guests coming over and want something light and fresh to serve up!
And, if you have leftover mangos, this Thai Mango Salad is the perfect dish to use them up!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s light and fresh and makes the perfect dip to serve up with chips, in your favourite Mexican dishes, or as a topping for grilled fish, chicken and tofu.
- It only has 6 simple ingredients, which can all be found easily at the grocery store.
- The combination of mango with the onion and peppers is to die for!
- This dish will impress your guests with minimal effort to prepare.
How to make this mango salsa
You’ll start with 6 simple ingredients:
- Mangos: I recommend nice and ripe ataulfo mangoes, cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Red pepper: cut up into small cubes.
- Jalapeño pepper: with seeds removed and then finely chopped. Use half a jalapeño if you don’t like too much spice!
- Red onion: finely chopped.
- Cilantro: fresh cilantro finely chopped.
- Lime: the juice squeezed out from one whole lime.
Then, how to prepare everything is really simple:
- Peel and cut the mango into cubes
- Cut up the red pepper, jalapeno pepper and red onion into small cubes
- Chop up the cilantro
- Mix everything together with a big squeeze of lime juice.
How to cut a mango
Some people are intimidated when it comes to cutting a mango, but I assure you it’s really quite simple!
The first technique to cut a mango is to use a speed peeler and peel the entire mango. Then use a knife and cut off the two large sides of the mango, and two smaller sides, and chop into cubes with a knife.
The second technique doesn’t require a peeler. Just simply cut off both sides of the mango, then use a knife to cut cubes in each side, and scoop out the mango with a spoon. (As demonstrated here.)
Recipe tips and variations
- Make sure to use mangos that are nice and ripe for this recipe! This will make sure your salsa is flavourful.
- If you don’t like your mango salsa too spicy, only use 1/2 a jalapeño pepper. (Or leave it out entirely)
- If you are not a fan of cilantro, replace it with some fresh chopped parsley.
- This recipe is delicious with some chopped up cherry tomatoes or chopped up avocado in it too!
More dip recipes to try
If you tried this Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa only has 6 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make!
- 3 ataulfo mangos or 2 red mangos, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix everything together until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed with some more lime or cilantro.
Make sure your mangos are ripe for best results and a delicious tasting salsa! If you don’t like it too spicy, only add 1/2 a Jalapeno pepper. If you are not a fan of cilantro, you can use parsley instead. This recipe stores well if prepared ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1.5
Keywords: mango salsa, salsa recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!